So I have internet access, but Chris and I can't be on at the same time, so we have to switch back and forth.
Clearly we'll have to look into getting the router replaced, but I have enough things to think about right now, so that's waiting for another day.
Halfway Hero has passed 10,000 words. I'm itching to start revising In Memory Of, though, so I think it's going on hold for a bit.
I'm going to try a new strategy with this revision. I've gotten comments from several people, with more to come, and I find it hard to look at them objectively and figure out which things are major problems and which might be more personal taste. (My instinct is to fix everything anyone mentions.) So I'm going to make myself a little chart with all the concerns the readers had down one side, and all the readers across the top, and check off which readers noticed which problems. Heh. It'll give me a visual, at least. I think better with a visual.
After I've figured out what major things I need to change, and brainstormed on how to change them (which I've already started doing), I'll be printing out the manuscript and making notes based on those changes. And then I'll go through the comments-within-the-manuscript that everyone's made, one at a time, and note any necessary line-edits, clarifications, etc. on the manuscript. And then I've got to read the whole thing through myself, because I can bet you I'll find plenty to criticize.
Finally, I'll rewrite the whole thing from the printed and scribbled on manuscript. Some of the changes needed are major enough that I don't think I could pull them off with just edits (e.g., adjusting story arc, character personalities, etc.). I'm sure the whole thing needs tightening up anyway.
That isn't really "finally" of course, because then I'll be line-editing the "finished" manuscript, writing a query letter, and getting submission stuff together for agents.
So, that's my life for, like, the next month. :)